By amassing a large database, Roadrunner email has set itself up for success. It has the potential to become one of the most popular email service providers due to its excellent services and extensive feature set. Furthermore, customers can rely on Spectrum for their day-to-day communication needs. However, consumers may experience problems with their Roadrunner email account and report it as unresponsive.
If you're having trouble accessing your email, it's possible that your antivirus is preventing you from utilizing it. The problem can be quickly resolved by adjusting the exceptions list in your antivirus. Another option is to switch to a less intrusive antivirus program.
The majority of antivirus systems include email help as a standard feature. As a result, these security tools will soon be able to scan your existing accounts' incoming and outgoing emails. While this security feature is critical, it can occasionally lead to additional issues. Antivirus software, for example, may block your roadrunner emails for no apparent reason.
To return to issue, instead of scanning for potential threats, the antivirus software may decide to block all incoming and outgoing emails. In that case, you'll need to re-enable roadrunner email capability and create a new rule or add an exclusion for the email app you're using within the antivirus firewall. Depending on the antivirus software being used, these processes can be accomplished in a variety of ways. So, in order to demonstrate how to remedy this security issue, the methods for the most popular antivirus applications are detailed below.
1. Avast Antivirus
- On your computer, launch Avast.
- Select Settings from the menu bar.
- Components of Access
- Locate and activate the Mail Shield option (click on Customize).
- You may then pick how to configure the scan engine from there.
- You can turn off the shield entirely or try to turn off specific features, such as SSL scanning and sensitivity.
- Hopefully, you will be able to access your emails again after implementing the revised settings.
- You can create a new Firewall rule for your roadrunner email in Avast by following these instructions:
- Go to Protection in Avast and run it.
- Select Firewall from the drop-down list.
- Click on Application settings at the bottom of the screen.
- After that, select New application rule from the drop-down menu.
- Simply add the app to the Firewall exception list that you want to allow.
Avast uses shields to protect its users, and the mail scan feature is built into one of them. If the email is being blocked by Avast mail shield, follow the instructions above to personalize the email shield.
2. ESET Antivirus
- Launch Kaspersky and select Settings from the upper-right corner.
- Select the Mail Anti-Virus option from the Protection menu.
- Click the Settings button from the main window now (located under Security level).
- Choose how you want Kaspersky to scan your emails and roadrunner email from the Additional tab.
- Save your work and have fun.
- If Kaspersky is still blocking the email server, follow the instructions above to adjust the e-mail scanning settings.
In most cases, following the procedures outlined above should allow you to regain access to your email messages if your antivirus has banned the Roadrunner Email. Don't worry if you use a different security package; similar settings should allow you to add your roadrunner email to the AV white list or create a new exclusion for your Roadrunner Email.